The end of winter marks the onset of spring cleaning. Some people look forward to it, and some dread the project, but it needs to be done. To do it fast, efficiently, and on schedule, you’ll need a spring cleaning checklist. We’ve taken the liberty of organizing the tasks by room to ensure a thorough job is done.
When spring cleaning, you’ll find items you no longer need or want. Gorilla Haulers will spring to action to help you discard them. Our team makes a conscious effort to donate, recycle or ethically dispose of junk.
Spring Cleaning Tips
Before we dive deep into the spring cleaning checklist of every room, let’s review some general spring cleaning tips that’ll make your process smoother. These tips apply to every room, so you should apply them for thorough and satisfying results.
- Clean the space from top to bottom. The last thing you want is ceiling debris falling on your freshly mopped floor or washed carpet.
- Start with a specific space and work your way to the exit zones
- Have a clear goal for the project
- Dust the lights, ceiling fans, and lampshades, and replace all burnt out light bulbs
- Go green. Instead of paper towels, use reusable rags and non-toxic cleaning products like vinegar, baking soda, and lemon
- Before purchasing new storage items, reuse those you already have
- Remove clutter using a professional cleanout and Junk removal company like Gorilla Haulers
Cleaning the kitchen
The kitchen is the center of your home, and with modern kitchen designs, they are the new living rooms. As such, you need to pay special attention during your cleaning. When you follow these rules of thumb, your kitchen will be sparkling clean.
- Remove clutter from the countertops
- Wash the cabinets
- Clear out the pantry
- Vacuum the fridge coils
- Deep clean the oven
- Clean the fridge inside and outside.
- Dust the tops of all appliances
- Use citrus fruit peels to clean the garbage disposal and leave the drain smelling fresh
If you have utensils, pots, or appliances you no longer need, getting rid of them can be a challenge. Fortunately, Gorilla Haulers offer junk and appliance removal services that come in handy in situations such as these. We’ll make an effort to donate or recycle the items you no longer need. And for those that we cannot, we’ll follow ethical disposal measures.
Cleaning the living room
The living room serves as an entertainment and play space. Most times, your family gathers in the living room to bond. As such, it’s not a room you can ignore when spring cleaning. For good results:
- Dust the furniture and fixtures
- Dust frames, mirrors, and décor items, including plants in the room
- Wash throw pillows and blankets
- Vacuum your carpet, lampshade, and upholstery
If you no longer need your old sofa or any other furniture, we can help you dispose of it. Alternatively, we can move it to a different room where it’ll serve its purpose better.
Bedroom cleaning and organizing
You start and end your day in the bedroom, and some people use it to unwind and relax. Therefore, it’s crucial that it’s in great condition.
- Wash your bedding, including sheets, throw pillows, and comforters
- Flip the mattress
- Use the vacuum to clean the sides of the mattress. Use the upholstery and crevice tools
- Get rid of items you don’t need
Clean out and organize the closet
When you feel your closet is full of items you don’t need anymore, use this organization checklist:
- Dispose of trash, including tags and shopping bags
- Remove everything from the closet and organize it into different piles:
- Clothing that needs ironing
- Clothing that you want to donate
- Clothing that you can hang up
- Clothing that you need to fold
- Replace the hanging clothes
- Wipe down and vacuum the closet and shelves
- Replace your folded clothing with drawer dividers
- Iron wrinkled clothing and return them to your closet
If you have items that need to be donated, we’ll organize a donation pickup for your clothing, books, toys, and furniture.
Cleaning your bathroom
The bathroom is a private place to prepare for the day and night. You can also set it up for relaxation and rejuvenation. However, it’s susceptible to clutter and germs; hence it needs special care and attention when spring cleaning. The following are some bathroom cleaning tips:
- Wash your shower curtains, towels, and mats
- Remove cosmetic bottles and old soaps. Before recycling the bottles, read the instructions on the label for such.
- Clean and disinfect the shower and bed
- Dust or replace décor items
- Wash or replace curtains, and shower liners
- The bathroom has loads of products that can be difficult to discard, including old makeup and bubble bath products. Gorilla Haulers can ease the concerns by properly disposing of the items.
Clean out your office
A crowded office can affect your productivity. That’s why it’s important to declutter the office space every so often and even when spring cleaning.
- Vacuum the carpets, rugs, and floor
- Wipe down the window sills, shelves, and décor items
- Organize your desk and shelves and get of items you don’t need or want
- Remove unwanted or broken electronic waste. Electronic waste contributes greatly to toxic waste. It’s important to recycle or donate them whenever possible.
- If you have an old monitor or other junk, we can offer e-waste recycling services.
Restore your outdoors
Spring offers a great opportunity to improve your outdoors.
- Call Gorilla Haulers to move sheds, above ground pools, and hot tubs
- Tear down the old fence and get rid of outdoor clutter
- Remove trampolines and playsets that your kids have outgrown
- Upgrade patio furniture and donate old items
- Declutter, clean, and organize the garage
Want to sell your home or relocate?
Spring is the ideal time to relocate or sell a home. However, moving is a laborious and time-intensive task. Here are some tips to use during such stressful projects:
- Declutter your home
- Avoid moving on weekends
- Consider the weather of the area you are relocating to and how it could impact the move
Luckily, you don’t have to worry about the intricacies of moving and decluttering. Gorilla Haulers will handle it professionally and help with junk removal too.
Partner with Gorilla Haulers
Gorilla Haulers is a professional Moving company that offers clean-out and junk removal services. We recycle, donate or properly dispose of junk, leaving you with a clean and organized space.