Steps for moving business
The month before moving:-Once you have decided to move your business and set a date, it is time to start preparing for the move. You should contact multiple moving companies one month before the move and get cost estimations based on your needs. It is pertinent to ensure that your moving company has experience in relocation businesses.
- Choose a company by asking your business friends who have previously used similar services.
- Inform your staff members about the business relocation and advise them to begin sorting out their belongings.
- If there are any extra items within the office space, it is time to remove them. You can sell or donate them to minimize your transportation of goods.
- Inform all your service providers about the business relocation move and collaborate with them for new connections and services in the new location.
- Reach out to potential connections and networks in the new location to explore business opportunities.
- Finalize the move with your selected moving company and have the agreement in black and white.
- Have their representative visit your office and goods and then give you a pricing quote.
- Avoid verbal contracts with the moving company or its agents.
- Get moving boxes from the chosen company and start sorting all your goods and items with labels and details. Encourage all employees to have individual packages of their own. It will help reduce the excess mixing of belongings.
- Contact the local post office and share your new location to update your address.
- Make sure to double-check any pending, current location-related tasks.
- Reach out to existing partners, customers, and other stakeholders about the relocation and share the new address with them.
- It is time to visit the new office location and roll out a plan for office space and employee space allocation.
- Check out any electrical or sanitation work that might need fixing.
- Give the employees a tour of the new office space and give them time to absorb the new environment.
- Ensure there are no pending tasks that need your attention days before moving.
- Please sit back and relax; let your moving company do its work.
- List down your inventory details and countercheck them with the moving company.
- Once shifting is complete, cross-check each item and ensure there is no damage. If there are any losses or damaged items, claim compensation from the moving company.
- Rearrange and re-shelve the goods with the help of your staff and start afresh from where you previously left.
Some quick tips for moving business
- Please take pictures of your belongings before moving and ensure they are not damaged.
- Make sure to disconnect and reconnect various services and utilities with your current providers.
- Check out the insurance of your belongings with your moving company.
- Create a milestone-based moving plan, and take your time packaging your items.
- Take your employees onboard and help them with the business move/transition. Make them feel valued and part of the company.
Remember that a business move is a complex and challenging task that requires dedicated planning and execution. An excellent moving company can ease the burden, but you must perform the due diligence to avoid any mishap. Make sure to roll out a plan for the move and involve all stakeholders, including employees, customers, suppliers, and business partners. A well-organized approach is a prerequisite for a successful and smooth business move. For enquiries regarding business move and suggestions on managing large scale business move, you can always contact us for guidance.